Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ririe Reservoir

Last week, Morgan and I went to the reservoir not too far away. It was our first time, and we didn't really know what we were doing. It's not really ideal for swimmers. We ended up hiking around in bushes for a while before we finally found a way down. We swam out to a floating dock a ways off the shore. This was the first time I had really been swimming in natural water. Holy cow, it was cold! Morgan swam more than I did, I was too afraid of the cold. We had a good time and decided to go again.

We went again today with Morgan's brother Donovan. This time we brought a canoe so we didn't have to hike around and scratch up our legs. This is the first time I've been canoeing (girl's camp doesn't really count). The water was pretty choppy and I was scared of tipping over. We swam, threw balls, and canoed, and tanned to our hearts content.

Last week we didn't wear sunscreen and we got baked. This time we were more prepared, but after we were done my shoulders were peeling  from last week's sunburn. I feel like an onion, with my layers peeling off. But we had so much fun and we are going to go every Tuesday. I love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment